This month in the Finley Family …
- Sara Maria surprised me by showing up for Easter Weekend.
- Grace went to Peru with the Triangle YMCA and fell in love with the culture and the people.
- Adelyn was offered a position on the Finley Day Camp Staff and earned A’s on five of her exams.
- Josiah competed as a prosecuting attorney in a “Mock Trial” event and totally intimidated the defense.
- Cameron had two fingers nearly taken off by a snapping turtle when he tried to rescue it from certain death.
- Piper played Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring for the offering at church and turned 12.
- And, Katya celebrated her 11th birthday, her third birthday with us. Happy day!
What highlights marked your April?
The top five blog posts for April were:
This one totally surprised me. I put the post together quickly and hit the “Publish” button. Through the day, the hits on this post went sky-high, even resulting in a visit from Dawn Hawkins, Executive Director of Porn Harms and Morality in Media. The connection between pornography and human trafficking is an issue that I care deeply about and so I’m thrilled that this post helped raise awareness and resulted in some cancelled Groupon subscriptions.
What blog posts were your favorites?
As we turn the calendar page to May, what are you looking forward to in the coming month?
I’m looking forward to Sara Maria returning from college, leading a workshop for New Beginnings Women’s Retreat and Conference, delivering the message for our church on Mother’s Day, and seeing Adelyn and Sara Maria begin staff training for the Finley Day Camp. Grace leaves for Seafarer at the end of the month, and while I’m excited for her, I’m already missing her.
So, what events marked your April? What blog posts were your favorites? And what are you looking forward to in May? Also, as I plan my blog posts for May, I’d love to hear from you! What questions do you have for me? You can leave your questions below, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.