As you have read below, we are back and adjusting to the Eastern Standard Time zone. We had a wonderful final few days with Katya. As you can see from the picture below, by the end of our time together, she was blending in quite well to the ‘Finley-von-Trapps.”
We didn’t post pictures or videos from DAYS FIVE and SIX because we took things easy and shot very few pictures. Most of our time during these days was spent shopping in the market, taking walks around our part of Odessa, playing in the park, and going back to the beach for a swim. I have put together a video that chronicles our final day together (Saturday, DAY SEVEN). Our basic itinerary as seen in this video was a follows:
- Visit to Orphanage #5 where Katya is presently living.
- Visit to Victoria Camp where Katya spends her summers.
- A quick visit to the plaza where folks where preparing for Ukraine’s Independence Day Celebration.
- A Walk around Odessa and the Black Sea waterfront.
- Final Dinner with Katya, Tamara, Lilya and our family.
- Goodbye for now
You can see it at the following link: http://gallery.me.com/finleyman/100015
Though we are tired by the length and challenges of the adoption process, we are excited about getting her home and integrating her more fully into the family. Thanks for all of your prayers and support. You calls, comments, and encouragement mean more than you can imagine.