What great questions! Thanks so much for all who are asking! Here are the answers:
1. Pray! We are increasingly aware that we are headed for the front lines. The Lord of Hosts is moving us forward as He is bringing to culmination a battle plan set in place before the foundation of the world to bring one little one out of an institution and place her in a family. This is what He has done for EACH of us who claim Him as our heavenly Father. Our family is involved in a living drama, an earthly picture, a walking parable of our great exchange out of the dominion of darkness to the inheritance of the Son of Light. Pray for us, as we move from the season of preparation up to the front lines.
2. Meals. We are trying to empty our refrigerator, but at the same time need to feed the troops. Several folks have brought meals and we have been SO thankful. If you are in our area and would like to bring us a meal, we would love it.
3. Transportation. This week, I could use help with getting the kids to and from school and activities.
3. Clothing for Katya. If you have winter clothes that are a size 6X or 7 and in good shape, we would love them. I’m finding that we have less hand-me-downs than I had thought. Coat, winter boots, sweaters, pants with an adjustable waist, etc. would ALL be appreciated.
4. Books for Katya. She loves Dr. Seuss and fairy tales, particularly, but any good quality children’s books with lots of pictures would be appreciated.
5. CDs to play in Katya’s and Piper’s room. Bible stories, worship songs, lullaby type music.
6. A trip to the American Girl Doll Hospital for four dolls. We were graciously given four AG dolls, but they need a little repair work and some clothes. At this point in the ball game, we don’t have this budgeted.
7. Activities for the plane ride home. Tiny stuffed animals, stickers, felt paper dolls, really anything that travels easily and isn’t messy.
8. DVDs for Bill and I to borrow while we’re in Ukraine and then a couple for Katya to watch as well (no need for Russian). I took a Russian fairy tale DVD when we went in August, but also took Eloise. She found Eloise to be much more engaging.
We are so thankful for the mighty army of support we have around us! You are all so dear to us, whether we know you personally, or whether you came across our blog in cyber space. We have relied upon you fighting alongside us in prayer, giving us words of encouragement, and providing practical help. Thank you!!!