… this would be it.
Today, I’m going to share with you the one thing I have done for the past 15 years that has impacted my faith like nothing else.
If you join me doing this one thing, here’s what you can expect:
- You’ll never be at a loss for what to read for your quiet time.
- You’ll learn to hear God’s voice in all of Scripture, not just in your favorite verses.
- You’ll learn to wrestle with hard passages and ask God to help you understand.
- You’ll be able to trace themes and threads thoughout the Bible and see the connections.
- You’ll dig for treasure and find it in passages that most people overlook.
God’s Word will become so very precious to you. What’s the one thing I’m talking about? Reading your Bible systematically, consistently, and chronologically.
Interested in joining me? If so, here’s what you do:
1. Download this Bible-Reading-Plan. You’ll notice that there are NO DATES. This is in on purpose.
2. Cut the columns to fit your Bible and using clear packing tape, tape them onto the blank pages at the back of your Bible.
3. Start with Genesis 1 and read, engage, and write each day. You may only read half of a chapter, but that’s fine. You just pick up where you left off the next day. When you finish Genesis 1-3 and Matthew 1, put a check mark beside that line. The next day, start with Genesis 4. The goal is to read through the Bible systematically and consistently, not to read the Bible in a year.
I am telling you that there is NOTHING that you can do that will help you grow in your faith like reading your Bible systematically, consistently, and chronologically. Nothing. If I could convince you to do one thing, this would be it.
For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.